The BPI Rewards Program (“BPI Rewards” or the “Program”) is a customer program that rewards customers of Bank of the Philippines Islands who avail of its products and services including those of each of the members of the BPI Group of Companies.
For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “BPI Group of Companies” means, collectively, the Bank of the Philippines Islands (BPI) and its Affiliates and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, successors and assigns, such as, but not limited to, BPI Direct Banko, Inc., BPI Capital Corporation, BPI Asset Management and Trust Corporation, BPI/MS Insurance Corporation, BPI Century Tokyo Lease & Finance Corporation, BPI Century Tokyo Rental Corporation and BPI Securities Corporation. “Affiliate” means any corporation, partnership or other form of association which is directly or indirectly controlled by BPI.
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the Program which shall be available to all BPI customers availing of the products and services of BPI including those of the other members of the BPI Group of Companies.
2. A BPI Account is an account that is associated with a product or service of BPI which is availed of by a BPI customer and may include, for purposes of the BPI Rewards Program, his availment of the products and services of such other members of the BPI Group of Companies.
3. A BPI Rewards Account is an account where Program Members can track points earned, redeem rewards, and view outstanding point balance, all through the VYBE app.
4. A BPI Rewards Point is the unit of value that a Program Member may earn for his availment of the various products and services of the BPI Group of Companies.
5. A Program Member is a customer with a BPI Account who registers to the Vybe app and avails of products and services of the BPI Group of Companies. The term includes BPI Credit Cardholders who are automatically enrolled into the Program.
6. The Terms and Conditions governing BPI’s Products, Services, Facilities and Channels, BPI’s Online Banking Terms and Conditions, BPI VYBE’s Terms and Conditions, and the BPI Data Privacy Statement and applicable rules and regulations of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), as the same may be amended, modified and supplemented from time to time, are incorporated by reference and form part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. All customers with BPI Accounts, which are active and in good credit standing, may participate in the Program.
2. To participate, customers simply need to download the VYBE app, register, and agree to the BPI Rewards Terms and Conditions. For BPI Credit Cardholders, they will be automatically enrolled into the Program once it is launched and will start earning points regardless of their registration in the VYBE app.
3. BPI reserves the right to suspend or disqualify any Program Member from further participation in the Program if, in its judgment, such Program Member has violated the terms and conditions herein or the related terms and conditions mentioned in Section I (5) above. Such violation will result in the suspension of the Program Member’s BPI Rewards Account and/or the forfeiture of all BPI Rewards Points earned.
4. BPI reserves the right, at any time and with notice, (i) to amend, modify or supplement these BPI Rewards Terms and Conditions, or (ii) discontinue or terminate the BPI Rewards Program or any part thereof.
1. BPI Rewards Points may be earned as published on BPI’s website. BPI may, in its absolute discretion and from time to time, change the BPI Rewards Points system. Notice of any change or revision will be communicated through the BPI website or by e-mail. Such change shall be effective on the date specified by BPI. The Program Member’s continued participation in the Program after the effective date of such change shall constitute his acceptance of the change without reservation. BPI shall not be liable to Program Members for any loss of value, opportunities or benefits that may arise as a result of any changes to the Program or the BPI Rewards Points system.
2. For joint accounts and supplementary Credit Card accounts, BPI Rewards Points shall be credited to the primary account holder only.
3. BPI Rewards Points shall not expire for as long as the Program Member performs at least one (1) points-earning and/or redemption transaction within the next sixty (60) months from the last points-earning or redemption transaction, as the case may be. For BPI Rewards Points earned via credit card usage, a Program Member may refer to the BPI Card Terms and Conditions, as the same may be amended, modified and supplemented from time to time.
4. Disputed BPI Account transactions shall not be eligible to earn BPI Rewards Points until the transactions are settled.
5. Dormant, suspended, delinquent, or blocked BPI Accounts will not earn BPI Rewards Points. Earning of BPI Rewards Points for such accounts shall only resume once the above-mentioned status has been lifted.
6. Fraudulent earning or redemption of BPI Rewards Points may result in the forfeiture of available points or rewards.
7. BPI has the right and is authorized to implement any adjustment on the BPI Rewards Points that have been credited to a Program Member’s BPI Rewards Account for purposes of reversing points earned from fraudulent transactions or correcting errors without need of any further notice, consent or authorization from the Program Member. Should a Program Member’s remaining BPI Rewards Points be insufficient to allow the adjustment, the Program Member irrevocably authorizes BPI to deduct said BPI Rewards Points from future points earned.
8. After cancellation or closure of a Program Member’s last remaining BPI Account, all BPI Rewards Points earned shall be forfeited if not used within sixty (60) days from such cancellation or closure.
9. BPI Rewards Points earned will be reflected in the VYBE app’s ‘BPI Rewards’ dashboard no later than sixty (60) days from the date of the relevant transaction. If the number of BPI Rewards Points is not disputed within thirty (30) days from the time it is reflected in VYBE app, it shall be considered final and conclusive upon the Program Member.
10. BPI Rewards Points may be transferable to other Program Members via the ‘Share Points’ feature. This feature is available for promotional use only and may be deactivated without prior notice.
A. Conditions applicable to redemptions of vouchers for goods and services
1. BPI Rewards Points may be used to redeem rewards featured in the VYBE app or in any channel that may be made available by BPI.
2. A pre-determined number of BPI Rewards Points shall be required for the redemption of each reward item. All reward items are subject to availability and may be offered for a limited time only. BPI may, at its sole discretion and without prior notice: (i) modify the BPI Rewards Points required for the redemption of each reward item; and (ii) remove and/or replace the rewards items with items of a similar nature or equivalent value.
3. Once a valid redemption has been made, it may no longer be cancelled, revoked or changed. The deducted BPI Rewards Points from the redemption shall be final and non-refundable.
4. A voucher will be issued to the Program Member for each reward item redeemed. The Program Members’ vouchers will be accessible via the VYBE app, and may either be: (i) active, which means that they have yet to be claimed from the merchant; or (ii) used, which means that the rewards have already been availed from the merchant.
5. Active vouchers may be transferred: (i) to other Program Members, via the VYBE app; and (ii) to anyone, via e-mail. As such, each Program Member shall assume full responsibility for securing active vouchers. As the vouchers are presumed to be accessible only to the Program Member, availment of the voucher shall be conclusively presumed to have been performed by the Program Member or with his authorization.
6. Once the voucher is used to claim the reward item, the relevant merchant’s Terms and Conditions will apply in relation to such reward item.
7. In case of dispute between BPI and the Program Member, such as in matters of eligibility, earning and redemption of BPI Rewards Points, the dispute shall be resolved between BPI and the Program Member. In case the dispute involves the merchant and its performance of the service or delivery of the goods redeemed, then the dispute shall be resolved between the Program Member and the merchant.
8. A Program Member who redeems BPI Rewards Points authorizes BPI, the relevant members of the BPI Group of Companies, its successors and assigns, to collect, consolidate, store, process, disclose, and share necessary information (including personal information) between and among members of the BPI Group of Companies as well as to their respective authorized representatives, agents or service providers in order to enable BPI to administer and implement the requirements of the Program as well as to perform and/or complete the Program’s redemption process.
BPI customers acknowledge and agree that once they become Program Members, BPI and relevant members of the BPI Group of Companies, its successors and assigns, and their respective authorized representatives, agents and service providers, under a duty of confidentiality, will be collecting, processing, and using data pertaining to and contained in the Program Members’ profile, BPI Account, BPI Rewards Account, to enable BPI to provide the benefits and services offered under the Program and for Program Members to continue enjoying the rewards and privileges of the Program membership.
The Program Member authorizes BPI, members of the BPI Group of Companies, its successors and assigns and their respective employees, officers, authorized representatives, agents, service providers, and third parties providing services under an obligation of confidentiality (the “Authorized Representatives”) to collect, use, store, consolidate, process, disclose and share any information relating to the Program Member, made available to or in possession of BPI (including its subsidiaries and affiliates), for the purpose of allowing it to approve, manage, facilitate, administer, implement, and provide the transactions and services availed of by the Program Member as well as to implement the rewards, privileges and benefits of the Program membership, in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, government regulations, judicial or supervisory bodies of the Philippines or those of other jurisdictions. The Program Member’s continued participation in the Program constitutes his express consent under the applicable confidentiality and data privacy laws of the Philippines and other jurisdictions, and the Program Member agrees to hold BPI, members of the BPI Group of Companies, its successors and assigns, the Program partners, merchants and their respective authorized representatives, agents or service providers free and harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, suits, costs and expenses resulting from or in connection with the implementation of the authorities conferred herein.
Program Members futher agree and consent to:
1. BPI collecting, using, disclosing, and processing Program Members’ personal data for the purposes and in the manner as identified hereunder;
2. BPI collecting, using, disclosing, and processing Program Members’ personal data for activities which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. providing Program Members rewards, privileges, benefits, and services pursuant to the terms hereof;
b. processing, managing or verifying Program Members’ registration pursuant to terms hereof including implementation and monitoring of the rewards, benefits, and privileges as Program Members;
c. developing, enhancing, and providing additional products and services to meet the Program Members’ needs;
d. BPI’s internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, profiling, data analysis, database records;
e. Responding to Program Members’ questions, comments, and feedback ;
f. Communicating with Program Members either by email, telephone or text message in relation to the following matters:
- To notify, invite, and process Program Members’ participation in any events, promotions, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions and to communicate with Program Members regarding their attendance therein;
- To send Program Members notifications, e-mails, messages on promotional materials, offers, special privileges from BPI, its Program partners, merchants and their respective authorized representatives, agents and service providers;
g. Engaging service providers to help facilitate, carry out, and implement the requirements of the BPI Rewards Program;
h. Complying with any applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the BPI Rewards Program and the use, collection, disclosure, and processing of personal data.
To the full extent allowed by applicable laws, all warranties, whether express or implied by law or statute, are excluded herein. BPI does not represent or warrant: (i) that the reward items will be available or will meet the Program Member’s quality standards; (ii) that the Program which runs through the Vybe app will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error; (iii) that the vouchers and BPI Rewards Points will be accepted or honored at all times by merchants.
1. BPI shall not be responsible or liable for any delay, non-performance, or failure to perform its obligations under the BPI Rewards Program for reasons due to, arising out of, or caused by, directly or indirectly, circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, natural disasters, calamities, earthquakes, fire, floods, wars, rebellion, civil or military disturbances, sabotage, acts of terrorism, criminal acts or willful misconduct by a party other than the BPI, its officers or employees, epidemics, pandemics, loss or malfunction of utilities or facilities, power outages, electrical or mechanical failure, computer hardware or software failure, system failure or system downtime, network or telecommunication failure, causes or acts attributable to third persons or parties, labor disputes, strikes, walk-outs, riots, lock-outs, or other governmental actions.
2. Notices and communications may be sent to Program Members through any of the following modes: (i) transmission electronically to your electronic mail (email) address as appearing in the records of BPI; (ii) through short messaging service (SMS); (iii) other available Bank channels or any one of them including posting on the Bank’s website or the Vybe app; or (iv) such other electronic transmission or use of an electronic platform as may be deemed appropriate by BPI or as may otherwise be permitted by law or banking regulations, any of which mode of communication or transmission when sent shall be valid and effective notice to Program Members.
For joint accounts and supplementary BPI Credit Card accounts, notice to the primary accountholder shall be deemed sufficient notice to the co-depositors/supplementary cardholders.
3. Program Members agree to hold BPI, members of the BPI Group of Companies, its successors and assigns, Program partners, merchants including their respective directors, officers, employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers free and harmless and indemnified from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, suits of whatever nature, arising out of or in connection with the implementation of the BPI Rewards Program unless the loss or damage incurred is solely and directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of BPI.
4. BPI shall not be liable for any special, consequential, indirect, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including but not limited to lost profits or actual or anticipated revenue, lost opportunities or business interruption, howsoever caused, whether under a theory of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the BPI Rewards Program or its suspension or termination.
5. No delay or failure on BPI’s part to exercise any power or right under these Terms and Conditions shall operate as a waiver of such power or right nor shall any single or partial exercise of such power or right preclude any further exercise of that power or right.
6. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the proper courts of Makati City, Philippines, to the exclusion of all other venues.
7. Consumer protection
For comments or complaints, Program Members may send an email to email@example.com or contact the 24-hour BPI Contact Center at (+632) 889-10000.
BPI is regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. https://www.bsp.gov.ph