What we may collect from you.
Your access to VYBE may require the input or use of some of your personal data to be able to verify your identity, login to your VYBE account, and authenticate your transactions.
We collect personal and non-personal data through your use of VYBE.
We collect information that you may purposely provide to us, including:
- Your name and personal particulars such as your name, email address, mobile number,date of birth, address, nationality, place of birth, source of income and nature of work, delinquency tagging, Points earned from Credit Cards – migrated & daily new
- Your VYBE username, password, PIN Code, biometrics, or other authentication credentials
- Information you provide when you send feedback or contact us
We automatically collect information when you use and access VYBE, including:
- IP address of your device or computer
- Device identifier for the device running the VYBE app
- Personal and non-personal information combined
We may collect non-personal information, aggregated and anonymized data about your use of VYBE, including:
- Date and time when VYBE accessed our servers
- Non-personal information about banking and other transactions
- Information and files that have been uploaded to the VYBE app
- The version of the VYBE app you are using
- The type of operating system you have
- Your device model and manufacturer
- Your internet service or mobile telecommunications provider
- Your device location
How we use your information
The personal data that you provide may be used to access your online account and avail of products and services via VYBE. We may also use your personal data to inform or offer you about products and services that we think may be relevant to you.
We use personal data collected through VYBE to:
- Identify and authorize your log-in to your VYBE account, authentication of transactions and processing of applications
- Recognize you or your device when launching the app for a more secure and personalized experience
- Respond to and process your requests
- Improve and further customize other online services
- Use your information to detect fraud and for other uses on information security
BPI uses personal data collected only for the purposes for which it was collected and such other purposes that you may have consented to.
How we may share your information
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries, affiliates or other third-party partners and vendors, under an obligation of confidentiality, in order to:
- Assist in providing you with requested products and services
- Facilitate or implement any transaction-related services
- Help analyze the use of our features and functionalities and how to improve them
- Protect our clients and business from fraudulent and illegal activities
- Comply with legal requirements
How long do we keep your information
We may retain information for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time, remains in effect and until such time as it is no longer required nor necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes.
How we protect your information
The privacy and security of your personal data is important to us. Appropriately, we employ digital, operational, and physical safety measures and safeguards to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data. We train our employees to properly and carefully manage personal data. We require our third-party partners and vendors to protect personal data aligned with our own security standards.
You have rights
In respecting your rights to privacy, you may opt to tell us:
- not to send you marketing-related updates via email, SMS, and phone calls
- to provide you with information that we currently have about you subject to restrictions applied to us as a bank and a company operating in the Philippines by certain laws and regulations
- to update your information
If you wish to opt out from promotional messages in the future, send us a request through the Contact Us page of bpi.com.ph or call our hotline at (+632) 889-10000.
How to contact us
For any queries, clarifications or requests pertaining to the processing of your personal data, please visit any of our branches or get in touch with our 24-hour BPI Contact Center at (+632) 889-10000 or email us at email@example.com.
You may also write our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Bank of the Philippine Islands
22F to 28F Ayala Triangle Gardens Tower 2
Paseo de Roxas corner Makati Avenue
Bel-Air, Makati City 1226