- BPI Rewards Terms and Conditions
BPI Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
The BPI Rewards Program (the “Program”) allows BPI customers to earn BPI Points for every availment and use of BPI’s products, services, facilities, and channels. BPI Points may be used to redeem goods and services, or may be converted to cash.
I. General Policies
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the Program for all BPI customers who have existing accounts or opens new accounts with BPI, including its affiliates and subsidiaries (“BPI Account”).
2. A BPI Account is an account that is associated with a BPI product or service, such as deposits, credit cards, loans, investments, foreign exchange, insurance, and all other offerings participating in the Program.
3. A BPI Rewards Account is the account set up for BPI customers who join the Program (“Program Members”), where they may keep track of point activity, including when and how the Program Member receives points, and how many. It is through the BPI Rewards Account, which is accessible through the VYBE (“VYBE App”), that the Program Members may redeem rewards through points earned.
4. A BPI Rewards Point is the unit of value earned from every availment or use of BPI’s products, services, facilities, and channels, in the amount and manner defined in this Program. BPI Rewards Points may be used to redeem goods and services featured on the ‘Trending Deals’ and ‘All Rewards’ section of the VYBE App, or converted to cash and used to pay Accredited Merchants via VYBE App’s Scan-to-Pay feature.
5. The Terms and Conditions governing BPI’s Products, Services, Facilities and Channels, BPI’s Online Banking Terms and Conditions, BPI VYBE’s Terms and Conditions, the terms and conditions governing the issuance and use of the BPI Express Credit Card, and the BPI Data Privacy Statement, are hereby incorporated by reference and shall form an integral part hereof. Unless otherwise defined, capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as they do in the above-mentioned agreements.
II. Eligibility and Participation
1. All BPI customers with BPI Accounts, which are active and in good credit standing, may participate in the Program.
2. To participate in the Program, BPI customers who are non-credit cardholders must download the VYBE and register accordingly. Upon completion of registration, BPI customers will automatically become a member of the Rewards Program without need for further action, and their eligibility to accumulate BPI Points shall commence respectively. BPI Points monitoring and redemption may be done through the VYBE.
3. For joint Deposit accounts and supplementary Credit Card accounts, BPI Points corresponding to eligible transactions will only be credited to the primary accountholder.
4. BPI reserves the right to suspend or disqualify any Program Member from further participation in the Program if, in its judgment, such Program Member has violated the terms and conditions herein or the related terms and conditions mentioned in Section I (3) above. Suspension or disqualification may result in the suspension of the Program Member’s BPI Rewards Account and/or the forfeiture of all BPI Rewards Points earned.
III. Data Collection and Processing
BPI customers acknowledge and agree that once they become Program Members, BPI will be collecting and using data pertaining to the Program Members’ membership profile, BPI Accounts’ transactions, and other activities related to the Program, to enable BPI to provide the benefits and services offered under the Program.
IV. Account Set-Up
1. Once a BPI customer has downloaded the VYBE App and has completed the registration for VYBE, BPI’s e-wallet, he will be automatically enrolled in the BPI Rewards Program and become a Program Member. He will be shown: (i) his current BPI Rewards Points; and (ii) featured rewards available for redemption.
2. By navigating across VYBE App’s ‘My Rewards’ dashboard, the Program Member will see: (i) his current membership tier and the BPI Rewards Points required to move into the next tier; (ii) all rewards available for redemption as well as the points necessary for such redemption; (iii) rewards redeemed which have been used and those which have yet to be used; and (iv) his BPI Rewards Points history.
V. Membership Tiers
1. All Program Members shall start at the initial membership tier and move up the ladder as they accumulate BPI Rewards Points.
2. A Program Member’s membership tier shall be based on his total accumulated BPI Points from the time of registration to the Program, and the reduction of BPI Points by way of redemption shall not affect, or result in the downgrade of, his membership tier.
3. The Program’s membership tiers are as follows:
a. Classic (0 to 4,000 points)
b. Premium (4,001 to 12,000 points)
c. VIP (12,001 to 26,000 points)
d. Red VVIP (26,001 and above points)
4. Each membership tier shall come with a set of perks and privileges, as published on BPI’s website or through the VYBE App. BPI may, from time to time, revise and/or change these perks and privileges. Notice of any change or revision will be provided through publication on BPI’s website, the VYBE App, by electronic mail, or such other electronic transmission including short messaging service (SMS) or by such other means of communication which BPI, at its option, considers appropriate and effective. Such revisions and/or changes shall be effective on the date specified by BPI. The Program Member’s continued participation in the Program after the effective date of such revision and/or change shall be deemed to constitute his acceptance of the changes and/or revisions without reservation.
VI. Accumulation of BPI Rewards Points
1. BPI Rewards Points shall be earned in the number and in the manner as published on BPI’s website or in the VYBE App. BPI may, from time to time, revise and/or change the BPI Rewards Points system. Notice of any change or revision will be provided through publication on BPI’s website, the VYBE App, by electronic mail, or such other electronic transmission including short messaging service (SMS) or by such other means of communication which BPI, at its option, considers appropriate and effective. Such revisions and/or changes shall be effective on the date specified by BPI. The Program Member’s continued participation in the Program after the effective date of such revision and/or change shall be deemed to constitute his acceptance of the changes and/or revisions without reservation.
2. BPI Rewards Points accumulated may be viewed in VYBE App’s ‘My Rewards’ dashboard. Depending on the type of BPI Rewards Point-earning activity performed, BPI Rewards Points may be reflected instantaneously or at the latest, within sixty (60) days from the relevant transaction. If the number of BPI Points accumulated is not disputed within thirty (30) days from the time it is reflected in the BPI Rewards Points History, it shall be considered final and conclusive upon the Program Member.
3. Accumulated BPI Rewards Points are transferable to other users of the VYBE App via the ‘Share Points’ feature. To make a transfer, the Program Member needs to enter the mobile number associated with the transferee’s VYBE account and confirm the number of points to be transferred. There is no minimum or maximum number of points for the transfer. Transfers are final and may no longer be cancelled.
4. Disputed transactions shall not be eligible to earn BPI Rewards Points until they are settled. Transactions subject to dispute shall be subject to a corresponding adjustment in BPI Rewards Points. BPI is hereby authorized to execute any adjustment on the BPI Rewards Points that have been credited to a Program Member’s BPI Rewards Account to, among others, correct any error or mistake committed, without need of any further instrument, deed, notice, consent or authorization from the Program Member. Should a Program Member’s remaining BPI Rewards Points be insufficient to allow the adjustment in order to correct said error or mistake, the Program Member irrevocably authorizes BPI to deduct said BPI Rewards Points from future points earned.
5. BPI Rewards Points accumulation will be discontinued for dormant, suspended, delinquent, or blocked BPI Accounts. BPI Rewards Points accumulation shall resume once the above-mentioned status has been lifted.
6. BPI Points earned from any participating BPI Product will continue to be valid 60-days after cancellation or closure if the customer still has other BPI Products eligible for BPI Rewards program. All BPI Points earned from any BPI Product shall be forfeited 60-days after cancellation or closure of the last remaining BPI Product.
7. Fraudulent earning or redemption of BPI Rewards Points may result in the forfeiture of available points or rewards.
8. BPI Rewards Points shall not expire as long as the Program Member has had at least one (1) points-earning and/or redemption transaction within the next three (3) years.
A. Redemption Process
Program Members may redeem their BPI Rewards Points in two (2) ways:
1. BPI Rewards Points may be used to redeem goods and services featured on the ‘Trending Deals’, ‘Featured Rewards’, ‘Unique Promos’, and ‘All Rewards’ panes of the VYBE App;
2. They may be converted to cash and used as payment to Accredited Merchants via the VYBE App’s Scan-to-Pay feature.
B. Conditions Common to All Redemptions
1. BPI Rewards Points are eligible for redemption as long as the points have been earned and issued to the Program Members’ BPI Rewards Account at the time of redemption.
2. Redemption of rewards through the VYBE App will be restricted should any of the Program Member’s BPI Accounts be tagged as inactive, dormant, delinquent, or blocked. Redemption of rewards may resume once the relevant status has been lifted.
3. A Program Member who redeems BPI Rewards Points authorizes BPI (including its subsidiaries and affiliates), to give necessary information (including personal information) to its contractor or agent in order to perform or complete the redemption process. The Program Member authorizes BPI, including its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, authorized representatives, agents, service providers, and third parties providing services under an obligation of confidentiality (the “Authorized Representatives”) to collect, use, store, consolidate, process, disclose and share any information relating to the Program Member, made available to or in possession of BPI (including its subsidiaries and affiliates), for the purpose of allowing it to approve, manage, facilitate, administer, implement, and provide the transactions and services availed of by the Program Member, in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, government regulations, judicial or supervisory bodies of the Philippines or those of other jurisdictions. The Program Member’s participation in the Program comes with his express consent under the applicable confidentiality and data privacy laws of the Philippines and other jurisdictions, and the Program Member agrees to hold BPI, its authorized representatives, agents or service providers free and harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, suits, costs and expenses resulting from or in connection with the authorities conferred herein.
C. Conditions Applicable To Redemption Of E-vouchers For Goods and Services
1. Program Members may redeem reward items that are available on the ‘Trending Deals’, ‘BPI Exclusives’, ‘Unique Promos’, and ‘All Rewards’ panes of the VYBE App, based on the number of BPI Rewards Points they have.
2. A pre-determined number of BPI Rewards Points shall be required for the redemption of each reward item. All reward items are subject to availability and may be offered for a limited time only. BPI may, at its sole discretion and without prior notice: (i) modify the BPI Rewards Points required for the redemption of each reward item; and (ii) remove and/or replace the rewards items with items of a similar nature or equivalent value.
3. Once a valid redemption has been made, it may no longer be cancelled, revoked or changed. The deducted BPI Rewards Points from the redemption shall be final and non-refundable.
4. An e-voucher shall be issued to the Program Member for each reward item validly redeemed. All e-vouchers shall appear on the ‘My Rewards’ pane of the VYBE App. The e-vouchers appearing on the ‘My Rewards’ pane will either be: (i) active, which means that they have yet to be claimed from the merchant; or (ii) used, which means that the goods or services have already been availed from the merchant.
5. Active e-vouchers may be transferred to anyone. The Program Member shall assume full responsibility for securing active e-vouchers. As the e-vouchers are presumed to be accessible only to the Program Member, any availment of the e-voucher shall be conclusively presumed to have been performed by the Program Member or with his authorization.
6. Once an e-voucher for the reward item has been claimed, the relevant merchant’s Terms and Conditions will apply in relation to the goods or services.
7. In case of dispute in respect only of BPI and the Program Member, such as in matters of eligibility, accumulation and redemption of BPI Rewards Points, the dispute shall be resolved between BPI and the Program Member. In case the dispute involves the merchant and its performance of the service or delivery of the goods redeemed, then the dispute shall be resolved between the Program Member and the merchant.
D. Conversion to Cash
1. BPI Rewards Points may be converted to cash and used as payment to Accredited Merchants by using the VYBE App’s Scan-to-Pay Feature. A Program Member using such feature has the option to choose where the funds for payment will come from: (i) his VYBE Account or e-Wallet; (ii) the BPI Rewards Points; (iii) or a combination of the available cash in the e-Wallet and the BPI Rewards Points.
2. The Philippine Peso equivalent of a BPI Rewards Point shall be as published on BPI’s website or the VYBE App. BPI may, from time to time, revise and/or change the conversion rate. Notice of any change or revision will be provided through publication on BPI’s website, the VYBE App, by electronic mail, or such other electronic transmission including SMS or by such other means of communication which BPI, at its option, considers appropriate and effective. Such revisions and/or changes shall be effective on the date specified by BPI. The Program Member’s continued participation in the Program after the effective date of such revision and/or change shall be deemed to constitute his acceptance of the changes and/or revisions without reservation.
To the full extent allowed by applicable laws, all warranties, whether express or implied by law or statute, are excluded herein. BPI does not represent or warrant: (i) that the reward items will be available or will meet the Program Member’s quality standards; (ii) that the Program which runs through the VYBE App will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error; (iii) that the e-vouchers and BPI Rewards Points will be accepted or honored at all times by merchants.
IX. Consumer Protection
For inquiries and comments, please send us a message or call our 24-hour BPI Contact Center at (+632) 889-10000.