BPI Credit Card Activation
To start enjoying the features and perks that come with your BPI Credit Card, you need to activate it. Below are some reminders and frequently asked questions to get you started.
How to activate your credit card
1. Text BPIACT <space> last 10 digits of your BPI Credit Card.
e.g. BPIACT 0123456789
2. Send the message to 225689.
1. You must be the principal cardholder to be able to activate the card. Please make sure to use the same mobile number that you registered in our records.
2. Your request for credit card activation will be processed within 2 banking days.
3. For supplementary cards, the principal cardholder is required to activate the card.
4. Card activation through SMS is self service. This will not require a call from BPI. BPI will never contact you to ask for your account information and One-Time PIN (OTP).
The BPI Credit Card is delivered inactive in compliance with BSP Circular 808. This applies to cards that are new, for renewal, and for replacement for both principal and supplementary cards.
This is an enhanced security measure that is part of our continuous efforts to protect your accounts.
1. SMS received: The keyword you have provided is not registered in our system. Please try again using the correct keyword.
What you should do: You may have misspelled the keyword BPIACT. Please check your SMS message again and resend using the correct keyword.
2. SMS received: You have entered an incorrect keyword format for your BPI Credit Card activation. Please try again using the correct keyword format and details. To know how to activate your BPI Credit Card, visit bit.ly/bpicardactivate.
What you should do: You may have incorrectly sent a wrong format of the last 10 digits of your BPI Credit Card. Please make sure that the last 10 digits sent are complete and does not contain symbols, letters, or extra spaces.
Please call 889-10055 for further assistance.
You can also visit any BPI/BFSB branch and request for your BPI Credit Card Activation.
Please bring 1 valid ID with photo and the credit card/s you are requesting to activate. For corporate credit cards, please coordinate with your company’s Corporate Card Administrators.
I am currently abroad and I sent an SMS activation request using my international mobile number. Why didn’t I get any response?
Only text messages coming from Philippine-issued mobile numbers can be received by our text-in number 225689. Text messages from international mobile numbers cannot be received.
If you have a Philippine-issued mobile number that is under roaming services, you can activate the card via SMS free of charge.
If you are using an International mobile number, dial the International Access Code (+632) 889-10055. Applicable fees or charges imposed by the service provider will be charged to the caller’s account.