Ms. Gayares’ extensive and diverse 35-year banking experience has been instrumental in transforming the Bank’s compliance, anti-money laundering, corporate governance, and data privacy frameworks, methods, and processes, and helping the Bank become one of the leading financial institutions in the Philippine banking industry in the areas of governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC). For her remarkable efforts, Ms. Gayares was recognized as Bank Risk Manager of the Year at the 2020 Asia risk Awards by Risk.net.
Age: 59, Born 1963
- Chief Risk Officer since January 2018
- Member, Risk Management Committee
- Chairperson, Fraud and Irregularities Committee
- Co-Chairperson, Data Steering Committee
- Deputy Commander, Crisis Resiliency Committee
- Vice-Chairperson, non-voting, Sustainability Council
- Advisor, Enterprise and BPI IT Steering Committee
- Member, non-voting, Finance Committee
- Member, Operational Risk Management Committee
Ms. Gayares is the Chief Risk Officer of the BPI Group of Companies and Head of its Risk Management Office since January 2018. She likewise serves as a Director for BPI Europe Plc.’s Board. With career stints in the areas of Corporate Banking, Credit and Transaction Banking, Loans Operations, Project Management, Systems, and Financial Control.