BPI BizLink Data Privacy Notice
Maintaining your privacy is an important part of the products and services that Bank of the Philippine Islands (hereafter, “we”, “us”, “our”, the “Bank” or “BPI”) provide. This BPI BizLink Data Privacy Notice, hereafter referred to as “Privacy Notice”, explains how we collect, protect, use, and share your data when you access and use any of the BPI BizLink digital platforms, such as the online banking website and mobile app (hereinafter, “BizLink”).
When you access or use BizLink, you consent to the collection, use, processing, and disclosure of your information, including Personal Data (as defined under Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), in accordance with BPI’s Data Privacy Statement and this Privacy Notice.
What we may collect from you
Your access to BizLink may require the input or use of some of the information related to your company/business, including Personal Data, to enable the Bank to verify your company’s identity as well as the representatives you have designated as having the authority to perform acts on behalf of the company/business including the authority to give instructions and to sign electronically, your login credentials to your BizLink account, and to authenticate your transactions in order to legally bind you thereunder.
We collect information, including Personal Data, as well as information that may not be personal in nature and relates to the business of the company through your use of BizLink.
We collect information that you may purposely provide to us, including:
- Your company name and business data such as company website, email, mobile number, and tax identification number
- Your corporate account information and details, such as account number, date of incorporation, and corporate address and government-issued ID numbers
- Your BizLink corporate code, username, password, or other authentication credentials
- Information you upload when you implement a transaction or series of transactions in one or more of the available digital solutions or when you transact using our products and services
- Information you provide when you send feedback or contact us
- We automatically collect information when you use and access BizLink:
- Online banking and other transactions executed through BizLink
- IP address of your company devices or computers
- Device identifier for the device running the BizLink Mobile app and BPI Security Token.¹
- Personal and non-personal information combined
We may collect non-personal information, aggregated and anonymised data about your company’s and/or business’ use of BizLink, including:
- Date and time when BizLink accesses our servers
- Non-personal information about banking and other transactions
- Information accessed via the BizLink Mobile app
- The version of the BizLink Mobile app you are using
How we use your information
The information, including Personal Data, that you provide may be used to access your online account and avail of products and services via BizLink. We may also use your company’s and/or business’ data to inform or offer you products and services that we think may be relevant to you.
We use information, including Personal Data, collected through BizLink to:
- Identify and authorize your log-in to your BizLink profile or account, authentication of transactions and processing of applications
- Recognize you or your device when launching the app or accessing the BizLink page via a web browser for a more secure and personalized experience
- Respond to and process customer complaints, concerns, and requests
- Detect fraud and for other uses on information security
Your information, including Personal Data, which we collected will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected and such other purposes that you may have consented to.
How we may share your information
We may share your information, including Personal Data, with our subsidiaries, affiliates or other third-party partners and vendors, under an obligation of confidentiality, in order to:
- Assist in providing you with requested products and services
- Facilitate or implement any transaction-related services
- Help analyze the use of our features and functionalities and how to improve them
- Protect our clients and business from fraudulent and illegal activities
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Facilitate promo-related services
To enable us to perform our obligations under the Cash Management Agreement, its Supplemental Terms and Conditions, the Cash Management Facilities, the BizLink Mobile app and our legitimate interest.
How long do we keep your information
We may retain your information, including Personal Data, for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time, remains in effect and until such time as it is no longer required nor necessary to keep your information, including Personal Data, for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes.
How we protect your information
The privacy and security of your information, including Personal Data, is important to us. Appropriately, we employ digital, operational, and physical safety measures and safeguards to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information, including Personal Data. We train our employees to properly and carefully manage the company’s/business’ information, including Personal Data. We require our third-party partners and vendors to protect your information, including Personal Data, aligned with our own security standards.
Your rights as data subjects
In respecting your rights as data subjects, where applicable, you may opt to tell us:
- Not to send you marketing-related updates via email, SMS, and phone calls.
- To provide you with information that we currently have about you subject to restrictions applied to us as a Bank and a Company operating in the Philippines by certain laws and regulations
- To update your personal information
If you wish to opt out from promotional messages in the future, please send us a message through www.bpi.com.ph/contactus or call our 24-hour BPI Contact Center at (+632) 889-10000.
To learn more about your rights and how we process and protect your information, including Personal Data, please refer to BPI’s Data Privacy Statement.
How to contact us
For any queries, clarifications or requests pertaining to the processing of your information, including Personal Data, please visit any of our branches or get in touch with our 24-hour BPI Contact Center at (+632) 889-10000 or email us at email@example.com.
You may also write our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Bank of the Philippine Islands
Tower One, Ayala North Exchange
6796 Ayala Avenue corner Salcedo St.
Legaspi Village, Makati City 1226
1. The security token is a small hardware device that contains the user's digital certificate. Each time it is used, the user is prompted to enter his token PIN. Financial transactions in BizLink are secured by this security token which goes beyond the usual user IDs and passwords with the concept of "what you know and what you have" or "two-factor"authentication standards.