Types of Accounts
Apply for a Savings Account
- Ways to Bank
- Overseas Filipino
- About BPI
- Related Sites
Types of Accounts
Apply for a Savings Account
- Ways to Bank
AmoRewards Terms & Conditions
The AmoRewards program allows Amore Visa Prepaid cardholders to redeem goods using points earned through the specified use of the Amore Visa Prepaid Card.
I. GENERAL POLICIES
- These Terms and Conditions govern the AmoRewards Program for cardholders of Amore Visa Prepaid payWave and beep™.
- An AmoReward pertains to a product, service or benefit listed in the AmoRewards catalog with prescribed points for redemption.
- A point is the unit of value earned from using a qualified Amore Visa Prepaid Card. Points may only be used to redeem AmoRewards featured in the AmoRewards catalog.
- The Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of the Amore Visa Prepaid Card and those governing the deposits, products, services, facilities and channels, as the same may be amended or supplemented, from time to time, are hereby incorporated by reference and shall form an integral part hereof.
- BPI may, at any time and for whatever reason it may deem proper, amend, revise, or modify these Terms and Conditions.
II. ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION
- All Amore Visa Prepaid cardholders automatically earn points from spending wherever Visa is accepted starting October 1, 2018. No prior registration is required unless otherwise specified.
- BPI reserves the right to suspend or disqualify a cardholder from further participation in AmoRewards program, if in its judgment, he has violated these Terms and Conditions herein or has violated the terms and conditions governing the issuance and use of Amore Visa Prepaid Card. Suspension or disqualification may result in the cancellation of the cardholder's right of participation and/or the forfeiture of all points earned.
III. EARNING AND ACCUMULATION OF POINTS
1. Points shall be earned at the rate of 1 point for every Php 200 spend.
i.e. Php 1000 = 5 points
Php 200 = 1 point
2. Cardholder cannot earn a fraction of a point for purchases less than Php200.
i.e. Php 100 = 0
Php 300 = 1 point
3. Points are earned for every qualified transaction and not accumulated spend.
i.e. 1st spend, Php500 = 2 points
2nd spend, Php500 = 2 points
Overall spend, Php 1000 = 4 points
4. Transactions eligible to earn points include purchases made online, in the Philippines and abroad.
5. Points may be earned from other eligible activities and will be announced through electronic direct mailers, SMS advisories, or such other means as BPI may consider appropriate and effective.
6. Points cannot be pooled with another cardholder nor transferred to any other person.
7. Cardholders may only request for transfer of the earned points from an old card to renewed card or replacement card, following the procedure below:
a. A renewed card pertains to a card requested by an existing cardholder whose card is about to expire or is already expired.
- Within 60 calendar days from date of card expiry, cardholder must request for transfer of points from his/her expired card to his/her renewed card by going to a BPI/BFSB branch.
b. A replacement card pertains to a card requested by an existing cardholder whose card is damaged, lost or stolen.
- Cardholder must request for transfer of points from his/her damaged, lost or stolen card to his/her replaced card by going to a BPI/BFSB branch.
Failure to request for transfer of the points to the new card within the 60-calendar day period from card expiry will result in the forfeiture of the points.
8. Points are non-convertible to cash.
9. Fraudulent earning of points or redemption of AmoRewards may result in forfeiture of available points as well as cancellation of the cardholder's Amore Visa Prepaid Card.
10. BPI reserves the right to adjust the required points to redeem an AmoReward without prior notice.
IV. POINTS INQUIRY
- Cardholder may inquire points earned anytime via SMS.
- To inquire points, cardholder must text AMOREPOINTS (space) last 10 digits of the Amore Visa Prepaid card number (space) birthdate (MMDDYY) and send 2256. Ex. AMOREPOINTS 7712345678 123189
- Cardholder will receive his/her updated points via SMS within 2 banking days.
- A cardholder in good standing with sufficient points earned, may redeem AmoRewards anytime via SMS.
- In the event the card expires and the cardholder does not request for renewal of the card and transfer of points to the new card, the cardholder may still redeem AmoRewards with earned points within 60 calendar days from the date of expiry.
- To redeem AmoRewards in the AmoRewards catalog, cardholder must text AMOREDEEM (space) last 10 digits of the Amore Visa Prepaid card number (space) product code (space) birthdate (MMDDYY) and send to 2256. Ex. AMOREDEEM 7712345678 131234 123189
- Cardholder will have to refer to the AmoRewards catalog for the product code and required points for redemption of their chosen AmoReward.
- Cardholder will receive a redemption confirmation with the promo code/eCoupon via SMS within 2 banking days.
- Once a valid redemption request has been made, this cannot be cancelled, revoked or changed.
- Upon receipt of the SMS redemption confirmation, cardholder must enter the promo code upon payment for online merchants or show the SMS with the eCoupon and Amore Visa Prepaid Card for store merchants.
- The promo code/eCoupon is valid within 60 calendar days after receiving the SMS redemption confirmation.
- All AmoRewards featured in the AmoRewards catalog are subject to availability. BPI may, without notice, remove and/or replace AmoRewards with equivalent value and nature, at its sole discretion.
- Once the AmoReward has been claimed, the relevant merchant’s terms and conditions including warranties will apply.
- By participating under the AmoRewards program and requesting for redemption of AmoReward points, the cardholder agrees and authorizes BPI to collect, use, store, process and disclose necessary information to its employees, personnel, authorized representatives, agents and service providers, under an obligation of confidentiality to enable BPI to process such information involved to carry out and complete the redemption process. By using the Amore Visa Prepaid card and/or availing or continuing to avail the AmoRewards program, the cardholder agrees all the cardholder’s personal information, transactions, business and credit relationships, accounts or account information or records which are with BPI, made available to BPI or which are in its possession or updated from time to time, may be collected, obtained, used, stored, consolidated, processed, profiled, benchmarked, shared to and disclosed, by and between the BPI and any member of the BPI Group of Companies, their successors and assigns, and their respective authorized representatives, agents and service providers, for any or all the purposes described in the Data Privacy Statement published at www.bpi.com.ph and deemed incorporated by reference herein. The foregoing constitutes the cardholder’s express consent under the applicable bank secrecy, confidentiality and data privacy laws of the Philippines and other jurisdictions and we agree to hold BPI, each member of the BPI Group of Companies, the Program Partners and their respective directors, officers, employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers, free and harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, suits, costs, and expenses resulting from or in connection with the implementation of the purposes and authorities conferred by us hereunder.
- BPI does not make any warranty, express or implied, with respect to any of the Amorewards. Except as otherwise provided, any dispute concerning the quality or feature of the AmoReward shall be settled directly between the cardholder and the manufacturer as may be provided in the manufacturer’s warranty and/or terms and conditions.
BPI has taken and will take reasonable care to ensure that the information it publishes in relation to the AmoRewards program is accurate. In case of any discrepancy in the AmoRewards information indicated in other forms of communication, the information in the AmoRewards catalog will prevail and will be used as basis for fulfilling the redemption.
BPI will not be responsible or liable for any delay, non-performance or failure to perform any of its obligations under these terms and conditions for reasons due directly or indirectly, to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, natural disasters, wars, civil or military disturbances, sabotage, acts of terrorism, criminal acts or willful misconduct by a party other than the BPI, its officers or employees, epidemics, riots, interruptions, loss or malfunction of utilities or facilities, power outages, electrical or mechanical failure, computer hardware or software failure, system failure or system downtime, network or telecommunication failure, causes or acts attributable to third persons or parties, labor disputes, strikes, walk-outs, riots, lock-outs, rebellion or acts of civil or military authority or governmental actions.