- Tariffs, Service Fees and Charges
Tariffs, Service Fees and Charges
Updated as of September 1, 2021
Minimum Time Deposit Balance
HKD 100,000.00, or equivalent foreign currency
Below Minimum Balance
Below Minimum Tenor
Early Termination Fee ¹
In the event of Early Termination of a Time Deposit, the Company shall:
1. Charge the Customer a fee of 0.5% on the principal of the Time Deposit or USD 100, whichever is higher;and
2. Deduct all interest accrued to the Time Deposit from the placement date of the current term of the TimeDeposit.
USD 50.00 (If proceeds are to be credited to client’s BPI account)
USD 100.00 (If proceeds are to be credited to client’s account with another bank)
Early Loan Repayment
0.25% of principal loan repayment amount, or USD 1,000.00, whichever is higher
Foreign Exchange Service
FX Conversion Fee ² ³
Inward Wire Transfer
Inward Wire Transfer Charge
Outward Wire Transfer
Transfer charge to account with BPI which is not the nominated
USD 25.00, or equivalent in foreign currency
Transfer to non-BPI account
Crediting and Settlement of Loans and Time Deposit
Service charge for crediting to nominated settlement account of:
Charges for Other Ancillary Services
Certification of Deposits
USD 10.00 per request
Copies of Statement or Advice Record
USD 10.00 per copy
Audit Confirmation Request
USD 50.00 per request
Standard Custody Fees⁴
Below Minimum Balance Fee
Late Payment or Account Overdraft Charges
Minimum Trading Lots and Sizes6
Credit Securities/Fixed Income/Bonds
Subject to the minimum trading piece (and increments) of the specific security, or USD 100,000.00, whichever is higher
Collective Investment Schemes
Charges related to crediting and/or settlement of coupons, dividends, sales and redemption proceeds
To nominated BPI settlement account
To BPI account which is not the nominated settlement account
USD 25.00 or equivalent in foreign currency
Outward wire transfer to other Banks/FIs
Transfer-In Service Charge
Transfer-Out Service Charge
Waived, except for 3rd party charges incurred
Participation in Voluntary Corporate Actions with Cash Consideration
Credit Securities/ Fixed Income/ Bonds
Fees & Commissions for Buying and Selling of Credit Securities⁷
Subject to specific requirement of relevant security
US Stock Exchange
Fees & Commissions for Buying and Selling of US Equity Securities
Share price of
less than USD 25.00
The greater of USD 50 or 0.15% of total notional amount
Share price of USD 25.00 or higher
USD 50 for the first 1000 shares and USD 0.04 per share thereafter
SEC imposed fee on sell transactions
Subject to US Securities Exchange Commission latest rules and charges
Subject to specific requirement of relevant stocks/common shares
Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Fees & Commissions for buying and Selling of HK Equity Securities
The greater of HKD 390 Or 0.15% of total notional amount
0.13% of the transaction amount (rounded up to the nearest HK Dollar)
0.0027% of the transaction amount for each transaction
0.005% of the amount for each transaction
Subject to specific requirement of individual stocks
Other Stock Exchange
Fees & Commissions for buying and Selling of Equity Securities
The greater of USD 50 or equivalent or 0.15% of total notional amount
Tax8 and other Transaction Fees
Subject to specific requirement of individual stocks, latest rules and charges
Collective Investment Schemes (CIS)
Fees charged by BPI IFL to the Client
Front-End Fees / Initial Load¹²
Up to 1.50%, or as otherwise stated in instruction / subscription / placement or other related documents
Fees charged by the Fund Management Company to the Client¹³
As stated in the Product Information Sheet (PIS) of each specific investment product
Fees paid by the Fund Management Company to BPI IFL
Up to 60% of fund management fee, or as otherwise stated in instruction / subscription / placement or other related documents
Standard Management Fee
BPI IFL authorized by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (“HKMA”) as a Deposit-Taking Company and registered with the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) to undertake Dealing in Securities, Advising in Securities and Asset Management (CE AAJ382).
1. Early termination occurs when the client wishes to withdraw the funds earlier than the agreed upon maturity date of the time deposit. Early termination is only permitted for time deposits upon satisfaction of all the criteria below:
a. Original term is in excess of three (3) months;
b. Early termination date is not less than three (3) months from the initial placement date of the time deposit;
c. Early termination is subject to standard early termination penalties and charges; and
d. Subject to the approval/consent of BPI International Finance Limited.
2. Foreign Currency conversion available only in major currencies (USD, EUR, GBP and AUD), including HKD and PHP. Foreign Exchange service applicable only to existing deposits or securities maintained with the Company.
3. Excludes conversion from PHP to other currencies (e.g. client buying USD using PHP).
4. For all securities (with fixed interest or coupon payments dates, without fixed interest payment dates such as common stocks and collective investments schemes), based on the market value of the relevant Security Holdings payable at quarter-end, or unless specified in a different client agreement.
5. Based on aggregate holdings per GSA valued at market value for credits/bonds/fixed income securities, equity securities and collective investment schemes.
6. Applies to both purchase/subscription and sale/redemption of securities.
7. The Company does not charge trading fees or commissions. It may however, make trading profits from its trading activities. Where the Company enters into a Back-to-Back transaction (i.e. purchase/sell from/to a counterparty and sell/purchase to/from the client without taking any market risk) concerning a specific security, the maximum trading profit shall not be more than 0.50% of the client’s total investment amount.
8. The client is reminded to seek independent tax advice as the Company does not act nor shall act as a tax advisor. The client is solely responsible and/or liable for any or all associated taxes of any relevant jurisdiction, country, government or regulatory body.
9. Charge collected for the HKSAR government. Not applicable to Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). Subject to change without prior notice.
10. Charge collected for the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC). Subject to change without prior notice.
11. Charge collected for the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX). Subject to change without prior notice.
12. Applicable to fund subscriptions only. The Front-end Fees/Initial Load is applicable to the aggregate subscription amount of the GSA on the relevant trade date.
13. The relevant fund management company deducts the fees from the relevant fund(s). Please refer to the offering document of the relevant fund(s) for fee details. There is no actual cash outflow by the client. This, however, reduces fund performance.
14. BPI IFL will receive retrocession fees from the fund management company as a percentage of the relevant fund's annual management fees as ongoing commission every year throughout the term of client's investment. There is no actual cash outflow by the client. This, however, reduces fund performance.