BPI Visa Signature Card Benefits and Privileges Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are to be read together with the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of BPI Credit Card and Real Thrills Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, as the same may be amended from time to time, both of which form an integral part hereof of these Terms and Conditions by reference and resorted to in instances where they are applicable. The benefits and privileges described below may be amended, supplemented, discontinued or revoked by the Bank at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. The Bank’s decision on all matters pertaining to the Card, or the availment of any or all of the benefits and privileges stated below, shall be final and binding on the Cardholder.
- “Account” means Cardholder’s Card Account with the Bank.
- “Bank” refers to Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI).
- “Card” refers to BPI Visa Signature Card.
- “Cardholder/s” refers to the person (Primary or Supplementary whatever deems proper to the context) to whom the Card was issued.
- “Good Standing” means an Account that is active, current and which has not violated any of the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of BPI Credit Cards.
- “Merchant/s” means accredited establishments with whom the Bank has partnered/contracted with to honor the Card for purchases of food, goods, merchandise and services.
2. Eligibility and Participation
- The benefits and privileges set out below are open to Cardholders whose Account/s are in Good Standing at the time of availment.
- If the Card is terminated at any time for whatever reason, whether by the Cardholder or the Bank, the Cardholder shall be automatically disqualified to participate or avail of the benefits and privileges set out below.
- In the event where the Supplementary Cardholder’s Account is terminated at any time for whatever reason, the Primary Cardholder will not be disqualified to participate or avail of the benefits and privileges of the Card; provided that the Primary Cardholder’s Account is in Good Standing.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, discontinue or terminate the benefits and privileges extended to the Card, in its absolute discretion and without the need to give any reason and/or notice.
3. Benefits and Privileges
3.1. Travel Insurance
The benefits stated below are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy issued by the Insurance Provider, BPI/MS Insurance Corporation.
3.1.1. Complimentary Travel Insurance
- Complimentary travel insurance will be provided to Cardholders who purchased their travel fare using their Card.
- The complimentary travel insurance covers accidental death or permanent disablement, medical expenses and other expenses due to trip interruption, inconveniences and other losses incurred while travelling as a passenger of any air, land, and water conveyance.
- For full insurance details, please visit this link.
3.1.2. Special Rates for Cardholders who will Purchase a Comprehensive Travel Care Insurance Online
- Comprehensive Travel Care Insurance is a comprehensive personal accident insurance product that covers medical expenses and other qualified losses incurred while traveling anywhere in the world.
- Cardholders who will avail of the Comprehensive Travel Care Insurance using their Card will be granted special rates when they purchase online.
- The packages offered assure the Cardholder of travel and medical assistance services throughout the trip.
- To view coverage, benefits and tables of premiums, guidelines, and exclusions, kindly visit www.bpims.com/products/bcc-visasig.
3.2. Special Exchange Rates on a Wide Array of Foreign Currencies
- To avail of the special rate, Cardholder must present his Card at any BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank (BFSB) branch.
- Third currencies at special rate are subject to availability in selected branches.
- Foreign currencies are subject to availability and relevant guidelines, policies and procedures of the Bank.
- For more details, please visit this link.
3.3. Visa Global Services
a. Visa Global Services is provided by Visa Inc.
b. The following Visa Global Services are extended to Cardholders:
- 24/7 Visa Worldwide Concierge
- Visa Airport Limo Transfer Program
- Visa Airport Meet & Greet Immigration Services
- Visa Luxury Hotel Collection
c. For Visa Concierge bookings, call hotline number for Philippines at 1800 8908 6594 (Globe and Touch Mobile) or 1800 1441 0082 (PLDT, Smart and Sun) or Cardholder may place a collect call to 1800 1441 0078 (PLDT, Smart and Sun) or 1800 8908 6595 (Globe and Touch Mobile) through an international call operator. Local connection charges may apply.
d. Availment of the Visa Global Services is subject to the terms of service, coverage and applicability of benefits provided by Visa Inc. The coverage of the Visa Global Services is subject to the discretion of Visa Inc.
e. The Bank does not make any warranties or guarantees with respect to any of the Visa Global Services provided by Visa Inc.
f. For more information, please visit www.visa.com.ph for offer details and relevant terms and conditions.
3.4. 50% Discount at Select Partner Merchants
- To avail of the 50% discount at select partner merchants, Cardholder must pay using his or her Card.
- Any applicable taxes and/or other charges that may arise shall be for the Cardholder’s account.
- The Bank has absolute discretion to choose partner merchants to participate in the promo, subject to applicable terms and conditions as these may be amended or supplemented from time to time.
- Always check this link for updated list of merchants and their complete promo mechanics.
Updated as of October 2021