Types of Accounts
Apply for a Savings Account
- Ways to Bank
- Overseas Filipino
- Business Banking
- About BPI
- Related Sites
Types of Accounts
Apply for a Savings Account
- Ways to Bank
BPI Alerts for Online Transactions
Terms and Conditions
BPI Alerts for Online Transactions (“BPI Alerts”) is a value-added service that enables you to receive SMS alerts for select approved transactions when you use your BPI Credit Card for online purchases.
By using your BPI Credit Card, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
I. General Policies
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the BPI Alerts service for holders of the following BPI Credit Cards:
- BPI Blue Mastercard
- BPI Gold Mastercard
- BPI eCredit Card
- Petron-BPI Mastercard
- BPI Edge Mastercard
- BPI Amore Visa and BPI Amore Visa Platinum
- BPI Skymiles Mastercard and BPI Skymiles Platinum Mastercard
- BPI Visa Signature
- BPI Family Credit Card
BPI Corporate Cards
2. All BPI Credit Cards shall automatically be subscribed to the BPI Alerts service, without enrollment charges or fees.
3. The BPI Alerts service is intended to allow you to receive alerts via SMS messages when you use your BPI Credit Cards, triggered by criteria which may include transaction type and amount.
4. You shall receive SMS alerts through the mobile number connected to your BPI Credit Card, as appearing in BPI’s records. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that your mobile number is accurate, updated, and secure.
5. Alerts are provided for informational purposes only.
6. You acknowledge that BPI is not responsible for any actions you may take or fail to take in response to the alerts you receive.
7. BPI reserves the right to send administrative and service notification SMS messages to the mobile number provided upon activation of the BPI Alerts service.
8. BPI’s Data Privacy Statement which explains how it collects, protects, uses, shares, consolidates, and stores information (including personal information) when you use its services is published at www.bpi.com.ph and deemed incorporated by reference in this Agreement
9. The terms and conditions governing the issuance and use of BPI Credit Cards shall continue to apply and are hereby incorporated by reference and shall form an integral part hereof.
10. The alerts received do not amend, supplement, change, or replace any notice or information that you may receive in connection with your BPI Credit Card, including any information provided to you on your periodic billing statement.
II. Service Fee and Availability
1. BPI currently does not charge fees for the BPI Alerts service.
2. In order to receive SMS alerts under the BPI Alerts service, you must (i) own an SMS-capable mobile device that is registered on a supported wireless carrier network; and (ii) ensure that your mobile account remains in good standing with your wireless carrier. You shall be solely responsible for such charges and any other charges from your wireless carrier.
3. You acknowledge that the difference between the actual time an online transaction is approved and the time an alert is sent to your mobile device is dependent on a number of factors, including the wireless service and coverage in the area where you are located at that time. You likewise acknowledge that SMS alerts are susceptible to delays, delivery failures, or other transmission problems.
4. The BPI Alerts service shall be available when you have your mobile device within the operating range of a wireless carrier with an appropriate signal for data services. The BPI Alerts service shall be subject to transmission limitations and service interruptions. BPI does not guarantee that the BPI Alerts service will be available at all times or in all areas.
5. You acknowledge and agree that BPI is not responsible for service interruptions or delays due to conditions outside of its control. You acknowledge that BPI shall not be liable to you if you are unable to receive alerts on your mobile device in your intended area. BPI disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any alert.
1. BPI reserves the right at any time and from time to time, without cause and without notice to you, to interrupt, restrict, modify, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the BPI Alerts service. You agree that BPI shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the BPI Alerts service.
1. To the fullest extent allowable by applicable law, all materials, information, products, data, software, and services included in or available through the BPI Alerts service are provided “as is” and with all faults for your use. BPI disclaims all warranties, express or implied, and BPI specifically disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property rights. BPI does not warrant that the BPI Alerts service will be uninterrupted, timely, accurate, reliable, updated, correct, or secure; that the BPI Alerts service will be available at any particular time or location; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the services are free of viruses or other harmful components. Satisfaction, quality, performance, accuracy, and effort concerning the BPI Alerts service are not guaranteed and you use these services solely at your own risk.
2. In no event shall BPI be liable to you or any third party for any special, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or damage for any breach of this agreement, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of business or goodwill, and loss of use even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage or any claim by any third party. In addition, notwithstanding anything contrary herein, in no event shall BPI be liable with respect to any failure to provide the BPI Alerts service error-free or uninterrupted.
3. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BPI from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the BPI Alerts service, including any use in violation of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising from a breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth herein.